Later this year, Mahindra Automotive plans to introduce the five-door variant of its well-received off-road lifestyle vehicle, the Thar, in the country. This model will feature additional doors in the middle and will showcase a range of new features. There are speculations that it might be named the Armada, a name the brand has already patented in the country. A recent online video compares the outgoing three-door Mahindra Thar with a test mule of the upcoming five-door version, providing a glimpse of the anticipated changes.
Table of Contents
The Car Show recently posted a video on YouTube comparing the Mahindra Thar three-door and five-door models. The presenter begins by addressing the curiosity surrounding the size difference between the upcoming Mahindra Thar five-door and the current model.
The video promises a comprehensive side-by-side comparison of the two variants. The presenter notes the presence of multiple test mules, showcasing various versions, all conveniently parked in the same lot for the viewers to observe.
Distinguishing Exterior Variances Between Mahindra Thar’s Five-door and Three-door Models
Following this, he proceeds to compare the exteriors of the two SUVs. Starting from the front, he notes the striking resemblance and shared body panels between both vehicles.
However, he highlights a modification in the front grille design of the Thar five-door, featuring a new split-style grille and updated LED headlights with circular LED DRLs. Additionally, he points out that the dimensions of the car, including width and height, remain unchanged.
The host points out that the primary distinction lies in the length of the two vehicles. Indicating that the Thar three-door falls within the sub-4m segment, he highlights that the upcoming Thar five-door will be approximately 300mm longer, aligning it with the length of the new Hyundai Creta and other compact SUVs. Transitioning to the rear of the car, he reveals that the Thar five-door will offer options for steel wheels, alloy wheels, and 19-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels.
- The Weird Story of Reaching Pelling
- Four GoPro Action Camera Alternatives
- Mahindra Thar 5 Door Interior Spied
- Best Selling Car In The World
- MG Comet EV: Cheap Way To Commute
Moving on, he directs attention to the car’s roof, noting that the three-door variant featured a fiber roof. In contrast, the five-door model will sport a solid metal roof.
Furthermore, he reveals that the top-tier variants of the five-door Thar will include an electric sunroof positioned in the center of the roof. Additionally, he points out that the five-door’s roof will be painted in the vehicle’s body color, a departure from the three-door version, which had a matte black roof.
Thar Three-door vs Five-door Interior
After the external analysis, the host proceeds to evaluate the interiors of the two variants. He notes that the two-door model featured two rear seats catering to two passengers. Conversely, the upcoming five-door model will introduce a bench seat with three individual headrests, accommodating three passengers comfortably. Notably, the five-door model will be equipped with rear air conditioning vents, a Type C charging port, and speakers integrated into the roof.
Continuing with the analysis, the host examines the dashboard configurations of both vehicles. He mentions that the upcoming five-door model will retain the existing layout but feature a significantly larger 10.25-inch touchscreen, resembling the one found in the Mahindra XUV400 EV. Moreover, the Thar five-door will adopt a steering wheel directly sourced from the Scorpio-N and XUV700 models. Additionally, it will incorporate a 10-inch digital instrument gauge cluster, a feature absent in the three-door model.
More Information on Five-door Thar
The host goes on to suggest that the powertrain options for the Mahindra Thar five-door are likely to remain consistent, featuring the same engines as the three-door model: a 1.5-liter petrol, 2.0-liter petrol, and a 2.2-liter diesel engine. Regarding pricing, he speculates that the new Thar five-door may be priced approximately Rs 3 lakh higher than the three-door variant. In terms of the launch date, he indicates that the company is considering a launch around the 15th of August, although no official confirmation has been provided at the moment.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about Mahindra Thar:
1. What is the Mahindra Thar?
- The Mahindra Thar is a popular lifestyle off-road SUV manufactured by Mahindra & Mahindra. It is known for its rugged design, off-road capabilities, and versatility.
2. How many doors does the Mahindra Thar come with?
- The Mahindra Thar is available in both three-door and five-door configurations, providing options to suit different preferences and requirements.
3. What are the engine options for the Mahindra Thar?
- The Mahindra Thar typically offers a range of engine options, including a 1.5-liter petrol engine, a 2.0-liter petrol engine, and a 2.2-liter diesel engine, providing a variety of choices for consumers.
4. What are the key exterior differences between the three-door and five-door models?
- Exterior differences include variations in length, front grille design, roof type, and wheel options. The five-door model is generally longer and may feature a solid metal roof, among other distinctions.
5. What are the interior features of the Mahindra Thar?
- The Mahindra Thar offers versatile interiors, with features such as rear bench seats in the five-door variant, rear air conditioning vents, Type C charging ports, and an optional sunroof. The dashboard may include a touchscreen infotainment system and a digital instrument cluster.
6. Is the Mahindra Thar suitable for off-road adventures?
- Yes, the Mahindra Thar is designed for off-road enthusiasts, equipped with four-wheel drive capabilities, high ground clearance, and robust suspension systems to handle various terrains.
7. What is the expected price difference between the three-door and five-door models?
- While prices may vary, it is speculated that the five-door Mahindra Thar could be priced higher, potentially around Rs 3 lakh more than the three-door variant.
8. When is the expected launch date for the Mahindra Thar five-door model?
- As of now, the launch date is not confirmed, but there are speculations that it could be around the 15th of August. However, official confirmation from Mahindra & Mahindra is awaited.
9. Can the Mahindra Thar be used as a daily driver?
- While the Mahindra Thar is designed for off-road adventures, it can also serve as a daily driver, offering a comfortable and feature-rich driving experience on regular roads.
10. Where can I get more information about the Mahindra Thar?
- For the latest and most accurate information, including specifications, pricing, and launch details, it is recommended to visit the official Mahindra & Mahindra website or contact authorized Mahindra dealerships.
- BMW M4 Competition 50 Jahre M Edition launched in India
- Experience the Future of Electric Luxury with the Mercedes EQE SUV
- Japan Mobility Show Highlights Nissan Hyper Force Concept
- Car Warranty Secrets: Unveiling the Mysteries of Vehicle Protection
- Mercedes-AMG SL 63 S E Performance
- Maruti Suzuki eVX To launch in 2024