Home » BMW M4 Competition 50 Jahre M Edition launched in India
Nearly two months back, BMW India had announced that to mark 50 years of BMW’s M performance division, it would launch 10 exclusive ’50 Jahre M Edition’ versions across product portfolio. And post the launch of the M340i, the 6 Series, and the 5 Series, it’s now time for the M4 Competition to receive the 50 Jahre M Edition treatment.
Priced at Rs. 1.53 crore (ex-showroom), BMW has launched in India. the M4 Competition M xDrive 50 Jahre M Edition. What does that mean? It means that the new special edition version of the performance couple costs Rs 9 lakh more than the standard BMW M4 Competition coupe.
So, what does it really get you?
If you talk about the exteriors, the M4 Competition M xDrive 50 Jahre M Edition gets the iconic BMW Motorsport emblem on the front to go with the wheel hub caps. This unique logo by the brand was first used on race cars of BMW Motorsport GmbH, back in 1972. What you will also receive in this car is the M-specific exterior mirrors with high-glass black. You also get aerodynamically optimized fins, two exhaust tailpipes, and a rear spoiler.
On the inside, the cabin gets M design lettering elements in places such as the door sill panels bearing, a metal plaque, on the center console, and the seat headrest.
You also get a multifunctional M steering wheel, seat heating with lumbar support, electrical seat adjustment with memory function, and automatic anti-dazzle function in all mirrors along with lightweight high-tech Carbon Fibre Reinforced Polymer (CFRP) roof. The cockpit concept BMW Live Cockpit Professional running on the latest BMW Operating System 7.0 includes 3D Navigation, a 12.3-inch digital instrument display behind the steering wheel and a 10.25-inch Control Display.
– Telephony with wireless charging,
– Head Up Display
– Smartphone Integration
– Active Protection including attentiveness assistant with Park Distance Control with sensors at the front and rear and Parking Assistant.
– Options include the Driving Assistant, Parking Assistant Plus, Comfort Access System, Gesture control, Steering and Lane Control Assistant, as well as the BMW Drive Recorder.
– Adaptive M-Specific Suspension
– M high performance compound brakes and 19″/20″ M forged wheels Double-spoke style 826 M double-spoke wheels in polished Orbit Grey and Gold Bronze.
The petrol engine of the BMW M4 produces an output of 510 hp and a maximum torque of 650 Nm at 2,750-5,500 rpm. The car accelerates from 0 -100 km / hr in just 3.5 seconds and is mated to an eight speed M Steptronic transmission.
– Head and side airbags for driver and front passenger as well as head airbags for rear seats as standard.
– Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) including Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
– Automatic Stability Control (ASC)
– M Dynamic Mode (MDM)
– Cornering Brake Control (CBC)
– Dynamic Brake Control (DBC)
– Dry Braking function and Active M Differential
– DSC with M xDrive further enhances the safety aspect.